Legal Services At The Intersection Of Business And Life
Daniel Mark Nolan
- Personal Injury
Mark is a native of Clarksville and a graduate of Clarksville High School (1985). He attended college at Austin Peay State University and the University of Tennessee Knoxville where he received a B.S. in Business Administration (1989), followed by law school at Mississippi College School of Law (1992). Mark has been with the firm of Batson Nolan, PLC over 30 years now, having clerked before and during law school and then beginning his practice full time in 1992. He currently serves as managing partner of the firm.
Mark is an experienced trial attorney handling and trying cases (jury as well as bench trial) involving a wide range of issues both in State and Federal Courts, including Civil Rights, Municipal Liability, Personal Injury, Employment Disputes and varied civil litigation. He is licensed to practice law in both Tennessee and Kentucky, as well as in the United States District Courts of the Western District of Tennessee, Middle District of Tennessee, Western District of Kentucky and the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Since 2012, Mark has maintained offices in both Clarksville and Brentwood, Tennessee, which allows him to serve clients throughout all of Middle Tennessee. Mark is listed as a Tennessee Supreme Court Rule 31 Mediator in the field of both General Civil and Family Mediation. He is a member of the Montgomery County Tennessee, Tennessee Bar Association and American Bar Association. He is also a member of the Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association and the Tennessee Council of School Board Attorneys. In 2005, he became a member of the International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC) and he is also a member of the Association of Defense Trial Attorneys (ADTA) and Defense Research Institute (DRI).
Mark has been actively involved in the community. He is currently the attorney for Clarksville-Montgomery County School Board and previously served on the Board of Directors of United Way of the Greater Clarksville Area. Mark is the legal counsel for Tennessee State Soccer Association (TSSA) as well as a licensed coach and has been active in coaching travel soccer teams. He is a past president and treasurer of the Montgomery County Soccer Association, past president the Clarksville Fusion Futbol Club, and a founding member and past president of Clarksville Soccer Club.
Besides soccer Mark coached the APSU college mock trial team in local and national competitions. Mark participated in both the Clarksville Citizen Police Academy and Clarksville Citizen Fire Academy and was a member of the 2017 class of Leadership Clarksville. Mark is married to Terri Fincher Nolan and has two sons and three step-sons.
- Mississippi College School of Law, Jackson, Mississippi
- J.D. - 1992
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee
- B.S. - 1989
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Member
- Tennessee Bar Association, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- Tennessee Association of Construction Counsel, Present
- International Association of Defense Counsel , Present
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)., Present
Certified Legal Specialties
- Tennessee Supreme Court Rule 31 Mediator
Current Employment Position
- Tennessee, 1993
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee, 1965
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee, 1993
- U.S. District Court Western District of Tennessee, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1993
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1998
- Kentucky, 1998
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky, pro hac vice, 1999
- Rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell